At Med Center Health, board-certified specialists diagnose and treat a wide range of disorders and diseases of the neurosystem, including stroke and tumors of the brain and spinal cord. Using leading edge technology, such as advanced image guidance navigation for brain and spine surgery, Med Center Health’s Medical Center Neuroscience Services provides expert treatment at The Medical Center at Bowling Green to allow patients to stay right here, in Southcentral Kentucky.
Advanced care for the brain and nervous system
A multidisciplinary team includes board certified neurosurgeons, neurologists, vascular surgeons, radiation oncologists, radiologists, psychiatrists, and psychologists. Our doctors, nurses, technicians and therapists provide quality, evidence-based care in the following areas:
- Neurology - diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the nervous system ranging from seizures and epilepsy to stroke
- Neurosurgery - surgery performed on the nervous system, particularly the brain and spinal cord
- Neuro-oncology - diagnosis and treatment of brain and spine cancer and other tumors of the central and peripheral nervous system
- Neurodiagnostics - diagnosis of stroke and other diseases of the neurological system
- Behavioral Health Services - inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and psychological treatment
- Rehabilitation Services - physical, speech/language and occupational therapy to help patients return to functional living
- Sleep Center - diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders in adults and children.
Excellence in Stroke Care
Med Center Health is committed to saving the lives of stroke patients through protocols and procedures that are proven to lead to better outcomes. The Medical Center at Bowling Green, Med Center Health’s flagship hospital, has received the Primary Stroke Center Certification by The Joint Commission by demonstrating a commitment to excellence in stroke care.